Full Service Michigan Residential Leasing Company
Many times our clients approach us to find them a qualified tenant for their property. We are qualified to handle the entire leasing process including:
- Perform a market analysis to determine fair market value to list for lease
- Advertising your property on over 100 different internet websites
- List the property for lease on the MLS so over 10,000 Metro Detroit Realtors can show it
- Complete a tenant application
- Process tenant income verification
- Process a thorough reference check including credit reports
- Contact former landlord(s) and employers when available
- Run Criminal background search
- Run National eviction search
- Annual Property Inspections
- Drafting of lease documents and proper landlord disclosure statements
- Collection of rent and automatic deposits into your account
- Move-In and Move-Out checklists
- We handle all landlord/tenant communication handyman service and various professionals available at all times
Marketing To The Extreme!
JMZ Property Managementutilizes The MARK Z. Home Selling Team to market the properties they list for lease in Metro Detroit. Their marketing budget is literally unlimited and is on the cutting edge of new technology and innovative marketing systems, which allow us to rent your properties faster. Our on-going marketing campaigns generate over 200 tenant leads a day. This allows us to find the right tenant for your property within a manageable time frame. A few key marketing campaigns that allow us a competitive:
- Internet Campaign:Our Database is shared with over 45 web sites generating over 1.2 MILLION views a month. Click here is a more detailed look at our marketing plan.
- Print Ads:We run ads every week in major and local newspapers;
- MLS: Properties are listed on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) used by Real Estate professionals;
- Section 8:Complete vacancy list is e-mailed to all local government offices every week;
- Signs: Large and unique sign in every yard;
- Cross Marketing: All potential tenant inquires are profiled and stored for follow-up marketing of vacant homes;
- Placement Services: We maintain relationships with the nations largest insurance, corporate re-location, and placement services; and
- Video Walk-through: We create a digital video walk-through of each property and post those clips for prospective tenants to view ahead of their scheduled showing.
Tenant Screening and Selection
A lot of property management companies will tell you they screen their tenants, or that they will run their credit, but do you really think running credit is enough to make an educated decision on whether you have the right person living in your property? We don't and therefore take our screening process very serious. Our thorough screening process is the reason we have far less evictions and problems collecting rent and keep your property occupied for longer periods of time.
- Complete credit evaluation
- Verification of employment
- Verification of income
- Criminal bacground check
- Eviction history from various courts in the area
- Sex Offender list verification
- Office of Foreign Assets Contral (OFAC) verification
- Grade tenant according to pre-defined tenant criteria
Tenant Move In
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Give tenant disposable camera to verify condition if there are any issues that need to be noted & have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property within 7 days of move in or accept in as-is.
- Collect first months rent and security deposit
- Receiving rent
- Hunting down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees
- Filing relevant paperwork to initiate and complete an unlawful detainer action
- Coordinating with Attorney for legal representation in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
- Advise in the event of a legal dispute or litigation
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary
- Understand and abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties.
- Perform annual inspections if necessary (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner periodic reports on the condition of the property when repairs are needed
- Provide accounting property management services
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
- Advise owner on relevant tax deductions related to their rental property
- Provide easy to read monthly cash-flow statements which offer a detailed breakdown of income and itemized expenses
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Provide and oversee contractors for repair maintenance issues that arise
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Provide an network of contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Assign jobs to different parties (in-house employees, handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Maintain and monitor a 24 hour emergency repair hot-line
- Larger renovation or rehab projects
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Get multiple independent bids for the work
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
Tenant Move Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Put the property back on the market for rent
Owner Real-Time Access
JMZ Property Mananagement uses a very powerful online management software system that allows us to provide you with unprecedented service and transparency. No longer willl you wonder what is going on with your portfolio. Our "Owner Portal" gives you real-time access 24/7 through any web browser. In addition to seeing when your rents are received, you will also be able to:
- View and approve work orders:All maintenance work orders are automatically e-mailed to you;
- Instant access to all expenses: Copies of all bills are electronically posted to your owner portal;
- Automatic e-deposits: Rent can be e-deposited into your account;
- On-Line reports: Run financial and other reports;
- Vacancy status: Review marketing campaigns and showings;
- Communication: Instant message communication with staff; and
- Instant Feedback: Access to Agent e-mail feedback to you after property showings.
Tenant Personal Portal
Our tenants are the most important part of our business. We strive to provide our tenants with the highest possible level of service. Our "private tenant portal" allows our tenants to:
- Confirm rent payments:Tenants can confirm payment was received &
- Pay rent online with credit card or auto-debited from bank account: Have rent auto-debited from bank account;
- Enter service/repair request:Enter work orders and check status;
- View ledger: Tenants can check balances and charges;
- Communication: Email staff from your own private portal